NIGHTMARE ALERT! Do not do business with them, they are awful to work with and do not want to help customers at all.

They tried to raise our escrow by double the amount of our monthly mortgage amount (taxes went up) and it took us a solid month of multiple phone calls and correspondence to have it removed (we paid 20% down when we purchased) and were able to get off escrow and handle our taxes & insurance ourselves. This was back in May of 2017. Currently we're having yet another issue with them as they took us off auto pay without us knowing (even though we've been on auto pay for almost a year since the inception of our loan in July 2016!) and they have been reporting negative information to my husbands credit even through we are up to date on payments.

Next step is a lawsuit and I would not wish anyone the nightmare it has been to try and work with them to resolve this - their front end customer service agents lie, they do not respond or get back to you and they lack empathy and the authority to resolve or help on issues. If I could give a negative report I would as a one star is way too good of a review for them.

Review about: Caliber Home Loans Mortgage.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Stay away from this company.

I didn't like: Way that they lied to us, Refusal to let me speak with a manager, Awful customer service, Lack of follow up.

Comments